2023 Scholarship Applications are Now Being Accepted!
Four (4) Awards of $2500 Each
- Graduate of a high school located in one of the following jurisdictions:
- Washington DC;
- Alexandria City
- Arlington County, VA;
- 'Prince George's or
Montgomery Counties, MD.
- Currently enrolled in good standing with Howard University
- Complete the application as prescribed by the instructions herein; and have a GPA of a least 2.5
To be considered for a scholarship, applicant must complete the application and two essays.
Once finished, you must email your completed application package to
Applications not completed in accordance with the application requirements will be deemed
Your application package must include the following:
- A complete, typed and signed application;
- An official current Howard University transcript
- Typed (12 pt. Arial font) essays of no more than one page each on three of the topics listed under Essay Questions in this application package.
Completed applications, transcripts and essays MUST be submitted in a single file with all supporting documents via email to email@example.com, no later than Friday,
February 24, 2023, 11:59 PM (ET).
Finalists may be required to participate in an interview to be given further consideration.
Winners may be expected to attend an HUAC GWDC meeting for announcement of the awards and to be introduced to the HUAC GWDC members.