As alumni of Howard University, it is important for us to maintain the legacy of our Alma Mater. Membership in the Howard University Alumni Association (HUAA) and HUAC GWDC is one way to sustain a connection with the University, build relationships with fellow alumni, and support the student population.
HUAC GWDC invites all alumni residing in Washington, DC, to join HUAA and our local constituent unit. We need your enthusiasm, engagement, and commitment to supporting Howard University, the students, alumni, and local community.
Effective July 1, 2020, Howard University Alumni Association (HUAA) transitioned to a new membership structure. As a graduating alumnus or if you attended HU for at least one year, you are automatically a member of the HUAA. There is no longer an annual fee associated with membership. To sustain a connection with the University, build relationships with fellow alumni, and support the student population, HUAA encourages all alum to formally unite with one of the 66 Constituent Clubs located throughout the U.S. and internationally.
The Howard University Alumni Club of Greater Washington, D.C. (HUAC GWDC) invites all alumni residing in the Washington, DC, metro area to join HUAC-GWDC. We need your enthusiasm, engagement, and commitment to supporting Howard University, the students, alumni, and local community. To join, please complete the membership form. There is currently no annual dues requirement for membership, however, alum are encouraged to make donations to the club and consider committing to becoming a Lifetime Club Member.
HUAC GWDC Committees
Do you love event planning? Are you experienced in fundraising and sponsorships? Do you love volunteering in the local community? HUAC GWDC has many committees and activities for you!
- Membership: Increase and build a strong membership
- Scholarship: Manage HUAC GWDC Scholarship Program
- Budget: Review HUAC GWDC budget and audit financial affairs
- Infrastructure: Develop and maintain internal technology infrastructure
- Student Recruitment & Support: Develop programs and events to support and engage HU students
- Events: Coordinate HUAC GWDC alumni events
- University Relations: Enhance HUAC GWDC’s relationship with the University
- Fundraising/Sponsorship: Design and execute fundraising and sponsorship strategies
Please complete the form below to sign up for a committee. A representative will follow up with you directly. Thanks for our service!