HUAC-GWDC continues its more than 50-year tradition of supporting the University’s mission and goals, supporting Howard University students, and serving the greater Washington, DC community. We are committed to attracting and engaging Howard University Alumni to provide multi-level University support by serving our students and our community and by ensuring a visible, viable, and vital organization that embraces the spirit of excellence.
We sponsor a number of activities and events to raise scholarship funds and to promote networking and camaraderie among Howard alumni:
- Awarding scholarships to HU students
- Supporting the HU Science and Mathematics Charter School located on campus
- Supporting the HUAA/National Education Association Read Across America Program
- Hosting the Backpacks-to-Briefcases Seminar for HU students
- Collaborating with the Admissions Office to recruit incoming students
- Conducting Financial Aid and Application Writing Workshops
- Hosting Family, Friends and Students Cookouts
- Post Charter Day Jazz Brunch and Fashion Shows
- Holiday Parties
- Alumni-to-Alumni Mentoring Programs
- Fall Opening Reception and Networking Events (Kennedy Center, Congressional Black Caucus)
HUAC-GWDC Scholarship Raffle!
The Howard Alumni Club of Greater Washington D.C. seeks to
raise funds to provide scholarships for aspiring students.
Help us support this mission by entering (click here) for your chance to win 2 tickets
and a parking pass to the Carolina @ Washington NFL game on Monday, December 19th,
at FedEx Field in Landover, MD. This package is valued at $300!
100% of the proceeds benefit the HUAC GWDC Scholarship Fund.
You do not need to be present to win.
HUAC GWDC Annual Holiday Party!!
Time: 9:00 PM
The Howard University Alumni Club of Greater Washington, DC, cordially invites you to attend its annual Holiday Party at the Howard University Interdisciplinary Research Center. Come dance to the sounds of DJ Michelle Wright while enjoying good food, drinks, and friends.
Tickets are $45 per person. Click here to purchase.
Contact J. Humphrey at (202) 246-4070 or
firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve tickets.
Be sure to check out the November Edition of our Monthly Newsletter!
Highlights include our President's Message, event announcements,
a recap of our latest General Body meeting, and much more!!
CHECK OUT OUR SIGNATURE EVENT!
Hope to see you there!
Please ask your fellow alumni to join us!