HUAC-GWDC continues its more than 50-year tradition of supporting the University’s mission and goals, supporting Howard University students, and serving the greater Washington, DC community. We are committed to attracting and engaging Howard University Alumni to provide multi-level University support by serving our students and our community and by ensuring a visible, viable, and vital organization that embraces the spirit of excellence.
We sponsor a number of activities and events to raise scholarship funds and to promote networking and camaraderie among Howard alumni:
- Awarding scholarships to HU students
- Supporting the HU Science and Mathematics Charter School located on campus
- Supporting the HUAA/National Education Association Read Across America Program
- Hosting the Backpacks-to-Briefcases Seminar for HU students
- Collaborating with the Admissions Office to recruit incoming students
- Conducting Financial Aid and Application Writing Workshops
- Hosting Family, Friends and Students Cookouts
- Post Charter Day Jazz Brunch and Fashion Shows
- Holiday Parties
- Alumni-to-Alumni Mentoring Programs
- Fall Opening Reception and Networking Events (Kennedy Center, Congressional Black Caucus)
Friday, April 22, 2016
We are currently seeking visual artists to participate!
Please ask your fellow alumni to join us!
HUAA-GWDC Strategic Plan for 2015-2016